Thursday, June 14, 2012

You should listen to me because I have super powers.

Sometimes it pays off to have more than one child. I get to witness very cool and fun milestones from different age groups all in one go. Like the end of year Kindergarten concert that I cried like a spaz, while breastfeeding (newborn mile stone) and my 18 month old yelled "NO KEKE NOOOOOOOO" at her sister for the whole thing. See milestone number 3. All the awesomeness in one contained moment of head-achy pain and love.

Other positives you get to see for your self how often in your child's life you'll beg someone "to let you run away." or "Stab yourself in the face in protest."  The little ones remind you of how BADLY you handled it before, while the Big one reminds you-verbally to your face, and with choice adjectives you taught them as toddlers that were funny at the time-how you're STILL a mean parent.

Curse the rules and NOs that come out my mouth that keep you alive. CURSE THEM ALL.

Any way-back to why you should listen to me.

I have all of this real life, in real time experience to draw upon! Example: I now know how to get ink off of my eReader screen with out further damage to the devise.  (Of course only if you don't throw it in anger at the wall for the fact that there's ink all over the screen and you can't read through it. Which turns out CAN be put back together but that's another story for another day.) Also how the latest stain removal product holds up to breast milk, newborn poop, and general gross goobery toddler stains all in one article of clothing. (Wish that was a bad day but alas that's the norm.)

All this happens at once, I'm very clearly smarter because of having more than one child.  We can discuss why my almost 6 year old is engaged, and already rules the school. While I keep an eye on my monkey like toddler who climbs like she has sticky pads all over her body. all this STILL while I'm whipping out the boobage to feed and sustain life.  Really if there was enough water, my breasts could in theory keep my whole family alive long enough for help to arrive. And I could STILL provide even after said theoretical disaster.

So all this really boils down to one cool, kind of amazing thing this slightly squishy body has.

I clearly have powers and am destined to be a super hero. 

Next post Cape Design?

No comments:

Post a Comment