Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day!

Today was awesome. With our house right on the parade route we have first dibs on seating on our lawn. Front and center. Gramma and Grandpa were there so were some good friends of ours and their kids. Lots of yea haws and happy Canada Day's were shared.

Later we went to our friends house  for a hot dog roast and a few drinks while the kids played like crazy animals raised feral in the back yard. Heres some proof today migh have been TOO epic.

1. Hubby of friend brings home a huge inner tube from a tire for the kids to bounce on and roll down hills. Already a bad decision but hey its Canada day.

2. Few beers in said hubby climbs on top of fence and decides to prove his awesomeness to his kids how he too can bounce on an inner tube. He belly flops ass kisses his head. We're all fairly certin he's died. After a few minutes he gets up and this is the dialouge.

Me: What were you doing? (I'd missed the actual jumping but witnessed the pained groaning)
Him: Being awesome, and showing to my kids what an awesome athletic dad they have.
Me: Do you need me to drive you to urgent care or call an ambulance?
Him: Ask me after a few more beer
He limps off unable to stand up straight groaning everytime he breathes.  Much laughter insues at the pained look on his face.

3. Hubby asks for a muscle relaxant for pain-once again says no to being driven to Urgent Care

4. Muscle relaxant kicks in.

5. Conversational proof its kicked in-I would like to note this was in front of myself, another friend, and her hubby. And Children. Not the girls thank god.

Him: QUICK HONEY, I need you to run upstairs and smell the girls barbies, I peed on one and am not sure which it is.
Her: Are you mentally delayed? What did she give you attitude and you decided to piss on her parade? whats wrong with you?!
Him:  I don't know I was deep in thought and missed the toilet, I think she was blond.
Her: You're not kidding?
Him: NO I'M NOT! I tried to find it but they're all wet, not just the one I peed on. I don't know!!!!!

Happy Canada Day every one, hope you kept it safe and let someone take you for medical attention when you needed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment