Thursday, May 23, 2013

What to do?

So its 9:30 on a Thursday night with dinner dishes still to be done. What do YOU do? I can tell you what I did, I decided to cruise the November 2013 due dates boards to see if there was anything interesting. One topic did catch my eye...How to predict baby's gender. I know, this comes up all the time. But I decided to test three-yes THREE tonight. I found instructions for all of these from a VERY reliable source-the comments on the board! Surely these good natured women understand the complex chemical structure of pregnancy. If not-well it made for one heck of a conversation.

The Baking Soda test:

"put a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a disposable cup then add a little bit of your pee. If it fizzles (like a soft drink) then you are having a boy. If not, it's a girl."

The Red Cabbage Test: (I know right?! who knew this existed!)

"Buy a red cabbage (don't substitute green cabbage -- it won't work). Size isn't important unless you love cooked cabbage. In that case get a huge one!
Cut the cabbage into small chunks.

Result: Baking Soda-Boy, Cabbage Juice: Boy!
Boil some water. Then add it to cover the cabbage chunks. Let sit for at least ten minutes.
Drain the cabbage and KEEP THE WATER! The water should be blueish in color.
Set aside the cabbage for lunch. I suggest stir fry or stew.
Pee in a cup! Grab a cup and head to the bathroom. If you're a little squeamish, you may want to use disposable cups.
Set up the test. In a separate cup mix 1 part urine with 1 part cabbage water.
Read the test!

If the urine/water turns pink/red its a boy!"

I'd like to note-I hate cabbage, with an unreasonable passion. So Buying one specifically to mix with pee made me feel like an evil genius. Not some crazy preggo woman who spends to much time on the Internet.


Result: Boy!
Chinese Gender Chart:

Apparently it was found in a tomb-and is very accurate. It has been right with my other three children. You take your age at the time of conception-and the month you conceived. And it should like up with pink or blue. To find the month of conception (because it can be different than you're last period) take your due date, and count back 38 weeks.

So if all three say its a boy, does this mean I need to start looking at boys names, and not fantasize about my beautiful Alice?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see for next ultra sound, and even then its only if baby cooperates.

Do you know any sure fire ways? Or any boy's names suggestions? I stand by my choice of peeing in a cup over dinner dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment