Previously I've poked jokes at gender reveal photos, and cheeky cakes, announcement photos, painted bellies-all of it. Why on earth would I do something like that? I have the baby that's proof enough I was excited. I kept it, named it, and am trying my hardest to take care of it.
However, now that I know this will be my last-my heart is stirring for more enjoyment this time around. Seeming as how I've managed to get to know the commode well the first 12 weeks. I'd like to make the remainder 28 a joy to remember.
So here is a list of things I'm going to do with out shame.
- I'm going to cry at my ultra sounds. I've always tried VERY HARD not to do it. I'm not some sappy suck! But really they've managed to find something so tiny in woman who really isn't all that tiny. And take a picture of it to show me everything is okay. The least I can do is cry in thanks that two small cells made something so perfect.
- We're taking belly pictures. Screw it. The ONLY TIME I've looked even remotely passable is when I'm massive with child. So on that note-screw it we're doing gender reveal photos also.
- I'm going to order a gender reveal cake also-for myself to eat. because cake is delicious.
- In the hot, hot summer, I'm going to sit in my kids pool, with my streatched marked belly out with a fan on me and watch the kids go crazy.
- Know what else? I'm turning on the air conditioner this year. I'm not going to try to reduce my carbon foot print, I'm going to battle preggo sweat to the best of my ability.
- On that note I'm going to let the kids paint my belly also. On the same day I order a cake. I might make it a weekly occurance.
- I'm not going to weigh myself. Not once, you can't make me.
- I'm going to talk to my belly. I don't know if I've done this before-but I'm going to make an effort this time. I feel baby should hear something other than me hollering at its siblings to get down/knock it off/put the cat down/ you can NOT use a knife/ no REALLY put the cat down/get off the road/ why does the dog have make up on? Well you get the picture...
- Screw it I'm going to cry and call my husaband everytime I hear the heart beat. Just to remind him of the miracle of life growing inside me.
- Instead of cursing everytime I get a foot in the rib, I'm going to give thanks baby is safe, and I know he/she is okay.
- I'm going to let everyone I know touch my belly and ask questions. Even the rude ones about four kids. I'll never be talked to again so much in my life. I'm going to enjoy it.