Thursday, July 7, 2011

Is a spirtual journey required to move forward?

In the past month I have been doing a lot of internal searching, and to no avail I've found nothing of great interest to anyone inside. I love my children, and my husband with everything I have. I would walk in front of a train if they asked. The only person in my home I'm not really all that fond of is myself. I'm loud, a LOUSY house keeper, have a weakness for gossip, I spend way to much money, and to be honest I'm ashamed of myself for gaining 60 lbs in the last 3 years.

I had decided I was going to go on a weight loss journey of hotness-and it was working, then it wasn't. A loss of motivation perhaps? or maybe I'm just so used to telling myself I'm a massive failure, that I had tripped myself up before I even began. That's when I realized I needed to make peace with everything around me and inside of me before I could be a success.

My mind immediately turned towards the church, and its teachings. Now I'm not an avid church go-er by any standards, but I do believe that God watches over us, Jesus will save us all, there is a right and a wrong path. And goodness will conquer over evil if we lead a good life and be honest to all those around us and to ourselves. I suppose I should look into this more closely, if its what I believe. As it stands right now, with my lack of knowledge in biblical literature I'm in no position to teach my children to believe either. So I've decided to go hunting for the church that believe in my family as much as I believe in it. And I have NO CLUE where to start.

I am very blessed to know that I have a large number of very close friends who are active members of the church who can guide me into getting started. Either way this spiritual journey is bound to end up some where. Here's hoping god hears me and guides the way.

Is this spiritual review required with all lifes changes? Even those of the physical?

No comments:

Post a Comment